Situational Leadership® II (SLII®)
The Situational Leadership model holds that managers must use different leadership styles depending on the situation. The model allows you to analyze the needs of the situation you're in, and then use the most appropriate leadership style. By adopting the right style to suit an individual’s development level, work gets done, relationships are built up, and most importantly, the individuals development level will rise to D4 which exponentially impacts results.
DESCRIPTION: This program teaches managers the SLII model as a tool to improve communication and become a more trusted and credible leader. The four styles of the SLII model become the basis for helping leaders know which style to use with their direct reports at a particular stage in their development. You will learn to appropriately balance their task direction with the proper relationship behavior, leading to high levels of consistent performance across team members.
- Recognize the two components of diagnosing development levels—competence and commitment.
- Utilize a common language for diagnosing and for setting clear performance goals and expectations.
- Diagnose team members and identify the highest D-level across your team.
- Describe the four leadership styles: Directing, Coaching, Supporting and Delegating.
- Identify your primary leadership style and the consequences of overusing it.
- Recognize and select the appropriate style of leadership for the situation.
PREWORK: 30 minute LBAII® assessment
LENGTH: ½ and 1 day programs
SIZE: 20 person max
Are you ready to sharpen your skills or prepare your team to exceed goals and expectations? Let's work together to determine the best customized approach to incite change and performance in your organization. Call or email me today!